Project ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) is a collaborative model of medical education and care management developed by The University of New Mexico with the goal of empowering providers to provide expert care to their patients wherever they may be.
Project ECHO @ Joslin hosts virtual sessions that provide education and personalized advice for primary care teams.
Our goal is to inspire and embolden primary care teams to deliver professional, specialized diabetes care to their patients within their Medical Home.
In addition to gaining a collaborative educational experience, participants joining the Project ECHO @ Joslin are eligible for CME credits. Furthermore, members of the Project ECHO @ Joslin team develop a sense of community and teamwork that extends beyond the formal educational sessions.
Interested in participating? Email Madeline Bennetti at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Joslin Diabetes Center has partnered with Mass League for its current ECHO virtual clinic sessions! We are excited to spread specialized knowledge about diabetes around Massachusetts and beyond. Joslin Diabetes Center will also deliver diabetes expertise to the Rio Grande Valley through its collaboration with Texas Superior Health Plan starting in Fall 2019.
Project ECHO Calendar 2019
Upcoming Project ECHO virtual rounds for Mass League participants:
Topics that will be covered:
• ADA guidelines for management of type 2 diabetes
• Weight management in the patient with diabetes
• MNT in patients with diabetes
• Physical activity in the patient with diabetes
• Management of renal disease in patients with diabetes
• Management of neuropathy in patients with diabetes
• Mental health in patient with diabetes
• Insulin Initiation
• Updates in the management of type 1 diabetes
• Updates on anti-diabetes medications and CV outcomes
• Diabetes management in the elderly population
• Newly available insulin analogues, insulin pen demonstration
• Management of ocular complications in patients with diabetes
• Continuous glucose monitors, indications and interpretation of data
• Obtaining coverage for continuous glucose monitoring for patients on Mass Health and Medicare
• Foot health and disease management in patients with diabetes
• Diabetes burn out
• Introduction to insulin Pumps
• Surgical intervention for the treatment of type 2 diabetes
• Atypical presentations of diabetes in the adult: latent autoimmune diabetes in the adult, ketosis prone type 2 diabetes
• Diabetes in pregnancy
• Diabetes in adolescents
Page last updated: October 15, 2019